Friday, December 19, 2008

My First Handmade Calendar

This is my first handmade calendar. :) Well. I am going to give it away to a friend this sunday as christmas present - so i decided to take photos for every piece that i made :) This calendar looks simple - just paper and some stamps - but it took me at least 10 hours to mix and match and finalize the design. For certain expert - it might takes 2 hours only. Hee hee.

Well, I bought a photo frame from home deco (which is quite cheap - cost me about 2USD only) and remove all the holders and remain just the acrylic and the ring. After complete everything, i punch 2 holes each piece and join them together. Tadah... here comes the calendar!


Side View

Obviously i use Cuttlebug (my most recent toy) to cut out this 2009 :) And i use my favourite colour as cover - Brown and Blue. This piece of glitter paper is from DCWV - Butterflies Sayings. I cut out my favourite part and made it into the cover.


I thought i can make the whole thing looks consistent (with same style and layout) but i failed :) However i think generally still.. ok :p I play with buttons a lot.

























I hope my friend will like this :)

16 comments:

Savitri said...

This is sooo nice! I love it! If your friend doesn't like it, send it my way :)

Vivienne Yuan said...

wow!!!!!!!! I thought you make it by computer... it is all hand made~!! wow...... byron is so lucky...

Katie Skiff said...

Those are so cute!! Great Job!

Just wanted to stop by and say HI to another Sheetload Sistah!!

Sharon in NE said...

I think December is my favorite, but then I really like October too...every month is fun!

Macchiato Gurl said...

WOW!! So nice~~~~

Rui Di said...

superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachfaith said...

Can I buy one from you??

Unknown said...

This is sooooooo Cuuuuute :)

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

OMG! I starred this in my Google Reader LAST YEAR and just found it again. It's just as gorgeous as I remember it. You got GAME, sistah!
LOL!

Hugs,
Brandi

Sam said...

am very very late posting to this post, but I have been rummaging around the internetz for calendar ideas and this one is fabulous!! What a good idea to use a photo frame - I might just have to go and see what photo stands I can find!

aki said...

omg, it's so incredible (:
I surely ur friends will like it so much^^
i wanna make a handmade calendar like this, but it seems not easyTT.TT

aESTHETICS N dESIGN said...

nice n nice n nice calender ..plz give me some idea ......

Anonymous said...

this is so so nice!
may i know where to get those nice papers??

Nazife said...

Beautiful! I like your color combination.

克丽史特 said...

Waooo... this is co nice.
Can check with you how you print the number ?

Anonymous said...

how do u punch the hole at the photo frame?